Weather & Climate Day includes the culmination of the Weather & Climate Contest, a challenge available to all Maryland, Delaware and Washington DC students in grades 5-12 to use their theatrical, musical, artistic and scientific interests to create two-minute presentations on weather and climate change impacts and solutions.
Last year contest finalists were announced on May 4, and judges' picks for Grand prize, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners were announced at a reception for finalists and their families at the end of Weather & Climate Day. Read this article that the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) posted on their website after last year's event, and check out the 2015 winning entries below:
Grade Level 5-8
- Climate Change and Weather, Morrell Park Elementary and Middle School
- Greenhouse Gases, Monarch Academy
- Reporting Live from Assateague Island, Snow Hill Middle School
Grade Level 9-12
- Let's all work together to help prevent climate change!, Sherwood High School
- Sorry Boston, North West High School
- The Carbon Cycle and You!, Sherwood High School
- Undocumented Impacts (by 5 degrees), North West High School
BE A PART OF THE 2016 WEATHER + CLIMATE CONTEST!
CONTEST ENTRY DEADLINE: March 1, 2016.
WINNERS ANNOUNCED at Weather + Climate Day on Saturday April 9, 2016!
Share a contest flyer with your friends, form a group to enter and win great cash prizes$$$!